Being able to install or replace water and sewer lines precisely on-grade is a must these days. This work is often viewed to be tedious, labor-intensive, and expensive using traditional installation methods. Some of the current trenchless methods are designed to achieve the extreme accuracy necessary for this kind of work; however, they lack the productivity needed to compete with the open-cut method.
The Vermeer AXIS guided boring system is a pit-launched trenchless installation system designed to achieve pinpoint, on-grade accuracy while eliminating some of the difficult steps associated with other installation techniques. A wide range of product pipe, sizing specifications, and other jobsite requirements can be met with the versatile capabilities of the AXIS system.
- Suitable for most ground conditions including basalt rock
- Superior productivity to alternative methods in many situations
- No fracking due to the use of vacuum, creating a negative pressure bore
- Clean trenchless jobsites with minimal traffic disruption
- Modular design for site versatility and minimal disruption
- Suitable for pipe sizes between 200mm-900mm in regular conditions
- Only 200mm minimum cover from surface required
- Minimal reinstatement costs due to needing only 2 pits, which can then be used as manholes
- Reduced environmental risks such as less fluids and minimum soil displacement
- Greater Health & Safety benefits
- Variety of pipe material options available
This combination gives on-grade accuracy and high efficiency while minimizing restoration and installation costs.